Do you have lots of passwords, account numbers and other information you need to keep track of? Want to keep them on something more secure than a sheet of paper in your desk drawer? Then you’re going to love SplashID!
Product: Splash ID
A description from the manufacturer:
“SplashID safely and securely stores all of your personal identification information including user names, passwords, credit cards, calling cards, bank accounts, PINs, and more. Information is stored in a secure, encrypted format and is quickly accessible on your desktop, and you can synchronize with a Palm, Treo, Pocket PC, or Smartphone (Windows Mobile, Symbian UIQ, or Series 60).”
Here’s some features of SplashID:
- Unlimited number of customizable record types and categories
- Customize the list view with color and icons
- Feel good about the security: Password protection uses 256-bit Blowfish encryption, keeping your data safe & secure
- Synchronize: Use the desktop application to sync with a PDA or Smart phone
- “Masking”: Hide for sensitive data (like passwords) from peekers (great when you’re using the mobile version!)
- Locks up automatically: locks after specified timeout
- Automatic Password Generator – can’t think of a clever password? Generate one with a few clicks
- Separate your business and personal records with categories
- Backup & Restore automatically or manually (great when you change devices or upgrade your PDA or smart phone)
My Experience: I’ve been using this product for quite a while now. I’ve recommended it whenever I have the chance. If you’re like me, you have a fair amount of numbers, usernames and passwords to keep track of. It can be overwhelming! Many people use the same password for all their accounts – Yikes! There’s an easier way to keep track of it all that doesn’t make it easy for someone to break into your information.
I’ve been using the desktop application, and have also used the Blackberry version, and more recently the iPhone app. I love it! It’s easy to find the information with a few clicks, and I don’t break out in a cold sweat when I need a password in a hurry.
My Favorite Things: It’s simple to use and get up and running. I’ve taken information from one mobile device to a new one.
My Least Favorite Thing: It’s small, but once in a while I had to reset it with the Blackberry. I haven’t had this problem with the iPhone app.
Overall Rating: Recommended!
Where To Find It:
For the iPhone App: SplashID iTunes App (this will launch iTunes)
For other mobile phones: Splash ID Mobile
If you’re ready to try it out, click below for a FREE 30-day trial: